½ cup white sugar
½-3/4 cup brown sugar (I used ½ cup)
8 tablespoons butter, softened (1 stick or 113 grams)
2 eggs, beaten
3 large extra ripe bananas (1½ cups mashed)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoon cinnamon
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 325 F or 160 C.
2. Grease a loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
4. Beat in the eggs until combined.
5. In a medium size bowl, mash bananas. Fold in the bananas with the butter and sugar mixture.
6. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
7. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Add vanilla extract and buttermilk.
8. Stir gently just until the flour is incorporated. Careful not to over stir.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
10. Bake on center rack for 1 hour. Cooking times may vary. Check on bread at the 30 minute mark.
11. Insert toothpick into the center. It should come out clean and bread should be golden on the outside.
12. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
11. Serve and enjoy with family and friends!