This Easy Chocolate Weetbix Slice recipe is a Kiwi Classic. It’s so easy that my daughter (10) made it independently. It’s a perfect treat for those lovely kids who worked so hard on their home learning, and for the awesome parents out there who keep sane during the lockdown. You’re not alone!
Weetbix is a Kiwi choice for a breakfast cereal as a part of a healthy balanced diet. It’s a great source of healthy wholegrains and is low in sugar. It provides vitamins and minerals for a great start of your busy day! And this slice recipe incorporates the healthy wholegrain cereal, Weetbix.
Klarion joined the Weetbix Baking Photo Contest on Facebook and posted a grid of photos of her baking this yummy goodies. We were so surprised that she won the contest. She was given $100 prezzy card that can be used in 1M stores online. This was an incredible news for us! She was over the moon to have won the contest. Congratulations Klarion! More power to Weetbix!
Easy Chocolate Weetbix Slice Recipe
185 grams butter
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 Weetbix, crushed
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups icing sugar
3 tablespoon cocoa powder
50 grams butter, softened
2-3 tablespoons boiling water
How to Make Easy Chocolate Weetbix Slice?
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter, sugar and cocoa over low heat.
3. Take the saucepan off the heat, then add crushed Weetbix, flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder. Mix together.
4. Pour the mixture into a lined tray and press down firmly. Bake for 20 mins.
5. MAKE ICING: In a large bowl, mix icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter together. Add 1 tablespoon boiling water, or as needed to loosen mixture. Whisk out any lumps.
6. Ice the slice while it is still warm, then cut up once cooled or when icing has set.
Serve and enjoy this Easy Chocolate Weetbix Slice with your family and friends!
- The combination of Weetbix and desiccated coconut gives its great texture.
- Alternatively, you can use cornflakes if you don’t have Weetbix on hand.
- Make sure to firmly press the mixture on the tray to prevent breakage.
- Add more boiling water as needed on your icing mixture.
- Whisk any lumps on your icing mixture.
- This Easy Chocolate Weetbix Slice is perfect with a glass of milk.
Did you make this Easy Chocolate Weetbix Slice? Please leave us a comment below.