Nothing beats a big stack of pancakes for breakfast. I know, I love pancakes too, but I worry about the carbs, so if you are like me, you are lucky to be here because I’m going with share to you my Best Keto Almond Flour Pancakes that are low in carbs and guilt-free, but still light and fluffy. From now on, you can definitely enjoy this classic breakfast staple every day. Don’t miss this one out. These Keto Pancakes will absolutely satisfy your craving. It is super easy to make and you will surely thank me later.
These Keto Almond Flour Pancakes recipe is a winner. It is easy and simple to prepare in a weekday breakfast, but deliciously special enough for a weekend morning. You know what I mean?
Everyone in my family loved it, and they’re not even on a Keto diet. This is definitely going to be on my cookbook in the future.
What is the Secret to Best Keto Almond Flour Pancakes?
Almond flour gives me a headache when it comes to making pancakes because they always had this gritty texture that is not totally pleasant in my tongue. Also, using almond flour makes the pancake dense and heavy. So usually I will end up using my Best Keto Coconut Flour Pancakes. But because I want to create the Best Keto Almond Flour Pancakes, I had to experiment in the kitchen and try as many ways I could possibly think of.
So, the secret is using a countertop blender to eliminate the grittiness of the almond flour. I also found out that when you use the blender to mix the almond flour pancake mixture, it turns into a lot lighter and fluffier pancake.
Tips for Making the Best Keto Almond Flour Pancakes
- Use a blender. Blend your almond flour pancakes into a countertop blender for lighter and fluffier pancakes.
- Finely ground almond flour. Course almond flour will not give you a good lighter and fluffy result. Use finely ground blanched almond flour. I recommend a good quality one to avoid grittiness texture in your pancakes.
- No butter. In this recipe, melted butter is no good, as it tends to thicken the batter and makes it hard to get it out from the blender. Use avocado oil instead. But of course, butter on top of your pancakes is always a go! I love lots of them, do you?
- Rest the batter. After blending the batter, you will notice that it is a bit soupy. Resting the batter for a few minutes will help it thicken up a little.
- Keep them small. It is easier to flip the pancakes when they are smaller than 4 inches in diameter. Watch out for bubbles too, then carefully flip them over.
Frequently Asked Questions
ARE THESE PANCAKES EGGY?
These Best Keto Almond Flour Pancakes should not taste eggy.
WHAT OTHER OIL CAN I USE IN THIS RECIPE?
I don’t recommend using melted butter or coconut oil in this recipe, as they tend to thicken up the batter. As I’ve mentioned above, avocado oil is the best for this recipe, but feel free to use any other oil.
CAN I SUB ALMOND MILK TO HEAVY CREAM?
Absolutely, but make sure to use half water and half heavy cream. Heavy cream alone makes the batter so thick, and will result to a very dense and heavy pancakes.
Trending Now: Keto Air Fryer Pandesal (Bread)
How to Make the Best Keto Almond Flour Pancakes?
I use a blender to mix all the ingredients together, as I found out that it eliminates the grittiness in the batter. So, in a large blender, combine eggs, almond milk, avocado oil and vanilla. Blend for 30 seconds. Then, add almond flour, sweetener (I use Natvia Sweetener), baking powder, and salt. Blend again until nice and smooth. At this stage, you will notice that the batter is a bit soupy, so let the batter rest for 5 minutes or until it thickens a bit. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and lightly grease with a little oil. Use about 3 tbsp of batter for each pancake and spread into a 3 or 4-inch circle. Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear on top and the edges are a little bit brown. This will take about 2-4 minutes. Flip the pancakes carefully and continue to cook the other side until golden brown for another 2 to 4 minutes. Repeat the steps with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
Are you looking for something sweet but Keto? Try our Keto Brazo de Mercedes
Best Keto Almond Flour Pancakes
Easy to make Keto Almond Flour Pancakes on a weekend morning breakfast. This recipe is a keeper. Delicious! It's very light and fluffy. You'll never look anywhere else.
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup avocado milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup Natvia sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- oil (additional for the pan)
In a large countertop blender, combine all the wet ingredients (eggs, almond milk, avocado oil and vanilla). Blend for 30 seconds to combine.
Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Blend again until nice and smooth.
Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and lightly grease with a little oil.
Use about 3 tbsp of batter for each pancake and spread into a 3 or 4-inch circle. Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear on top and the edges are a little bit brown. This will take about 2-4 minutes
Flip the pancakes carefully and continue to cook the other side until golden brown for another 2 to 4 minutes. Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Keep the pancakes small so that it is easier to flip. About 4-inch in diameter or lesser.
- If you find that the batter thickens more, add a little bit more almond milk and blend it again.
- You can substitute the almond milk with half water and half heavy cream. Heavy cream alone makes the batter so thick.
- You can use any sweetener you like. I use Natvia Sweetener in this recipe.
- This Keto Almond Flour Pancakes recipe is great to make ahead, cook and freeze. Easy to reheat.
If you prefer non-Keto pancake recipe, try our Easy Basic Pancake |Martha Stewart