If you are missing takeaway fish and chips, and got caught in lockdown – then you must try this Crispy Fish recipe at home.
Takeaway fish is deep-fried in lots of oil and is very salty, but we absolutely love them. How about replacing takeaway to a healthier version of it? Sounds promising! If you like this idea, have a look at this good healthy alternativerecipe and try it at home.
Crispy Fish Recipe
4 fish fillets, skinned and deboned
1/4 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon low-fat milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning (or zest of lemon)
How to Make Crispy Crumbed Fish?
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C or 430 degrees F.
2. Rinse fish fillets in cold water and pat dry.
3. In a bowl, beat egg and milk together. In a plate, mix breadcrumbs and lemon pepper seasoning (or zest lemon). Pour flour onto another plate.
4. Take one piece of fish and coat it in flour, gently shake-off excess, then dip in the egg-milk mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs.
5. Repeat step 4 for the rest of the fish – doing one at a time.
6. Place fish pieces on an oven tray that has been layered with tinfoil or baking paper.
7. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Turn over half way through cooking.
8. Plate the fish with salad and crunchy chips or wedges.
Serve and enjoy this Crispy Fish with your family and friends!
- You can prepare crumbed fish in advanced. You can crumb the fish the day before you intend to cook it, just cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge.
- You can use cod, hoki or tilapia for this recipe.
- Crumbing involves coating fish in flour (seasoned), then dip it in the whisked egg, and finally with breadcrumbs or panko crumbs to firm coat the fish.
Did you make this Crispy Crumbed Fish? Please leave us a comment below.