This is Baking with Klarion episode 1:
In our home, no bananas has never gone to waste. If the bananas have been in the kitchen counter for a long time and started to have black spots on them, we bake them, not throw them. I’m aware that nutritionists say that bananas with spots are the healthiest one but my kids don’t like them. They look disgusted, taste bad and have this mushy texture. It’s not appealing to kids at all.
So today, my kids and I baked banana cupcakes made of… rotten bananas. Oh, it’s not really rotten. It looks like they just started to darken up. It’s in the sweetest stage – best for baking.
My kids are always excited about baking – I guess they got it from me. My son loves to mix the batter and lick it from the spatula (when I look away), while my daughter loves to bake and decorate. I guess all I did was to supervise them and wash the equipments they used in baking.
I hope you guys try our recipe. We liked them so much, it’s gone in a minute.
Please give us a feedback on how it turned out to you, in case you tried them.
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
115 grams (1/2 cup) butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with honey-cinnamon frosting. Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place one on each cupcake, if desired.
1 1/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup (115 grams) butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp honey
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Nerds, Pretzel sticks and Choco Chip for decoration
1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat confectioners’ sugar, unsalted butter, honey, and ground cinnamon until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Place it in an icing bag with your desired nozzle and pipe it onto cooled cupcakes.
3. Serve and enjoy with family and friends