1×1.4 kg chicken or 4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
400 g baby potatoes, halved
400 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
2 cups zucchini, broccoli and asparagus, steamed
1. Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced.
2. Using a sharp knife or poultry scissors, cut down either side of chicken backbone. Remove and discard backbone.
3. Open chicken and press flat to butterfly.
4. Cut chicken in half between breast bone, then remove all skin and fat from meat.
5. Place the chicken on baking tray lined with baking paper, meat side up.
6. Combine sugar and the mustard in a small bowl.Rub on the upper side of the chicken.
7. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 40 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley and tarragon.
9. Lightly spray with oil. Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes, or until cooked. The juices of the thigh should run clear when pierced with a knife.
10. Place the potato and pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Lightly spray with oil.
11. Bake in oven along with the chicken for 45-50 minutes or until cooked and golden.
12. Remove the chicken from the oven and stand for 10 minutes.
13. Serve, carved into thin slices with the roasted potato, pumpkin and steamed vegetables.
Share it with family and friends!!!